Sunday, 17 January 2010

SUNDAY (Week 2)

I did a 10 mile run this morning. Weather was ideal - 6 degrees, not too windy, a bit of rain but nothing major. I now have run 70 miles since my training plan started 2 weeks ago. I planned my run on MapMyRun.com - it's great for working out a route to suit a required distance - it's a lot better than driving the run to measure it out before running it (saves fuel etc!). I'm back at work tomorrow, so next 2 days may be gym work (we'll see how it goes). My brother in law (Allan) suggested a good energy drink - maximuscle - you can get it from Tesco - it helped him with his 10k's, so I think I'll give it a go. I was in touch with the Knoxman today! His run was ruined a bit by the bad ice at Strathclyde Park - it just shows how us locals take our tropical climate for granted sometimes - instances like this help you appreciate it that bit more.

No comments: