Friday, 23 April 2010

Final Blog before Sunday's Marathon!

It's been a very busy few weeks, hence my lack of posts. We now have a baby son, Jack Cameron, who was born on 5 April 2010. Young Jack has been good, but I haven't been running as much as I should have been. The last week has been a week of easy runs. I managed 6 miles last week, and every other run was between 1 and 4 miles. I did 3 miles today at an easy pace. Hopefully the bigger runs will benefit me come Sunday. It's meant to be hot down in London town on Sunday so I'll have to be drinking plenty! My good friend and running comanion, Mr Gordon Knox has torn his calf, so it will be a major achievement if we get round. I don't think I'll win, but you never know. I'll update this blog on Monday. Lorna, Abbie, Lucy and Jack will be looking out for me on the TV - my running number is 13060 - I'll be wearing a red top and white shorts with the name IAIN (my name) printed on the front of my top. Thanks to my family for all the support I've had, it's been a massive commitment, in terms of time given up to training, but they've kept me going - and made me go running when I couldn't be bothered, even in the snow, wind, ice, rain - Thanks!

No comments: